• Guest, please be noted that suggestions may not receive an official reply until the project state allows us consider them. For the majority of suggestions, this means after an alpha launch.

Accepted Contracts

My first suggestion! :eek:

So if any of your are as big of a fan of Star Wars and it's franchise as I am, you've probably played a few Star Wars games. I'm talking about Star Wars Battlefront (2015) here. If you have played this, you've probably come across Jabba The Hutt's bounty missions. And so, my suggestion is this, contracts!

So how dis work?
Contracts would work in the sense, you would have a shady person in the alleys of towns, or give them a run-down household to lurk about in. Players would then be able to go to these said locations and "talk" to them. Once they've had a little conversation, a GUI would open up showing the "contracts" of the week (or month, or whatever time period is seen fit) and the contracts would be some form of mission. For example, kill 10 goblins or collect 50 daisies etc etc. Once the player had completed said objective, they would return to the NPC (I'll name him "Contract Master" from now on, or CM) and claim the reward. Rewards could be money, items, among other things.

But what if I can't do it in time?
There could be some form of "claim" system, where you would take the contract/bounty, and stay there until you finish the job. Personally, I feel it would be more of a challenge if you had to do it within the time period given. (For example, if a player claimed a contract when it had 2 days left until expiry, they would only have the 2 days to complete it. But if a player had claimed the same contract when it had just refreshed, so they would have 1 week until it expired, they would then have the full week to do it.)

Pfft, if you're so smart, why not just make it yourself? (Examples)

Here are some examples of a few contracts:

Fraudulent Purchase
Description: A market seller messed with the wrong person and sold him some bad apples. Kill him, and claim yourself 5 silver coins.

My Precious!
Description: Some weird dude came in here asking for some limited edition coins. They should be in the hands of a young man a few houses away from here. The client is paying well for no questions asked, so get them, at all costs.

Murky Moralities
Description: A family nearby owe some big scary dude some money, he doesn't want his hands dirty. You should know what to do by now. No questions asked.

Nobody likes Bullies
Description: A nearby traveler claiming to be a knight is forcing people to "pay" for their "protection". Sounds like your basic extortion racket to me. He's forcing the local guards to turn a blind eye too. Deal with it, before he disrupts business. The sword he holds is powerful, it's yours in lieu of payment.

Those are some of the examples I thought of on the spot! If you want to hear more about it, reply to this thread, send me a message on forums or DM me on discord. I'll reply to one of them! (Eventually)

KabbyDankGod

Wiki Team
Wiki Team
Baron
Sounds like quests with extra steps

Anyways, are you suggesting adding daily quests? Or just quests that are morally questionable?

I'm not sure what you're really trying to suggest here. To me, this really just seems either of the two above or a set of quests from a thieves guild or something similar. From the single google search and quick read on the battlefront wiki, this does really just sound like another questing system or a quest giver.

Sounds like quests with extra steps

Anyways, are you suggesting adding daily quests? Or just quests that are morally questionable?

I'm not sure what you're really trying to suggest here. To me, this really just seems either of the two above or a set of quests from a thieves guild or something similar. From the single google search and quick read on the battlefront wiki, this does really just sound like another questing system or a quest giver.

Well, in a nutshell, I guess you could say it's a daily quest giver etc. But these quests would be fairly morally questionable which are in heavy contrast to some of the quests the player would tend to go through. And, yeah, it would be "quests with extra steps". But I feel it adds a pretty good touch and gives the underworld of Phala a bit more volume.

KabbyDankGod

Wiki Team
Wiki Team
Baron
Well, in a nutshell, I guess you could say it's a daily quest giver etc. But these quests would be fairly morally questionable which are in heavy contrast to some of the quests the player would tend to go through. And, yeah, it would be "quests with extra steps". But I feel it adds a pretty good touch and gives the underworld of Phala a bit more volume.

Ok, can't you just write in quests that come from shady people?

ArcticRaven

Noble
Noble
I would be inclined to agree that this is just Quests with extra steps from shady characters. We already know that there are "NPC Factions" (my own label, no idea what they are actually called) I would imagine you content folk would have considered shady NPCs and factions like Assassins, Thieves, Brigands, etc....

Well yeah we could, but (correct me if I'm wrong) we can only write so much. Obviously, we can keep on writing quests etc etc but at one point there won't be enough physical space for more. That's where these daily, mini, quests could come in, and in reply to Kabby's first comment, it doesn't always need to be "bad" quests.

Perotin

Duke
Well yeah we could, but (correct me if I'm wrong) we can only write so much. Obviously, we can keep on writing quests etc etc but at one point there won't be enough physical space for more. That's where these daily, mini, quests could come in, and in reply to Kabby's first comment, it doesn't always need to be "bad" quests.
I agree that quests could get oversaturated if every type of content is classified as 'Quests', mini-quests could work, sure, though that seems a bit too dry. You could expand on the Contracts idea by going down the Factions route where you have NPCs that give out objectives and by helping them out/doing contracts, you level up your reputation/level with said faction which can reward you with different items per faction.

Yeah, I think that would be good. The more contracts you do, the higher up the "tier ladder" you'd go. The higher up the ladder you go, the better the prizes get. I feel that could do really well. Would go better if you were also taken down a tier if you end up "missing" a contract. (Missing as in; You fail to complete it within the time limit.)

Aekalix

Frontend & Content Manager
Manager
Great suggestion!

I would prefer this over daily quest and do see a lot of potential in this one. Accepted!

Thank you for the suggestion.