Fixed Killing remaining iron golems bug - WAB 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaspyr

Noble
Noble
In-game name: Chaspyr

Short description: When I had to kill 3 remaining iron golems Nolan killed 2 of them and then the third one didn't appear or also got killed by Nolan but didn't count to my quest.

Long description: So when I had to kill 3 remaining iron golems Nolan killed atleast 2 of them (counted in my quest log). The third one either didn't spawn or got killed by Nolan and didn't count to my quest. When I tried to walk away and walk back to check if any new iron golems spawned. This wasn't the case and instead it started to spawn Ghosts and Skeletons. After that I tried to relogging to see if it had any effect. When I logged in again it spawned me back in the beginning cave and nothing changed at the spot of the quest.

Date and time: 12-8-2021, around 11:05-11:10

Screenshots or videos (if any):
a1ddf9cdc44f94dfabbc05cdfd8abfa5.jpg

Other useful information: All the NPCs related to this quest disappeared when I walked away and got back to check if new iron golems spawned. Ghosts and Skeletons started to appear instead in the whole area inside.

MrDienns

Lead Developer & Technology Manager
Manager
Developer
The third one either didn't spawn or got killed by Nolan and didn't count to my quest.

I think another possibility here is that mobs, which have a slightly larger hitbox, can spawn on locations where they suffocate on adjacent blocks. Do you remember seeing any of the sort? There is a known issue about some creatures / NPCs sometimes not spawning, but considering Iron Golems are used there, I think it might be a suffocation issue.

Chaspyr

Noble
Noble
I think another possibility here is that mobs, which have a slightly larger hitbox, can spawn on locations where they suffocate on adjacent blocks. Do you remember seeing any of the sort? There is a known issue about some creatures / NPCs sometimes not spawning, but considering Iron Golems are used there, I think it might be a suffocation issue.
Haven't seen any / heard anything that could have been related to suffocation so don't know if that happened :/
I wasn't looking at my Minecraft for a moment when it happened and Nolan took care of the other two Iron Golems in the meantime.

MrDienns

Manager
Developer
A similar report mentions the issue as described here. I'm going to mark the other as duplicate of this. I read the other ticket after this one, but I'm now pretty convinced it's caused by suffocation. Will work on a fix.

Chaspyr

Noble
Noble
Alright! Sorry that I couldn't provide more detailed information regarding to what happened in my game. I hope that the information I provided was atleast somewhat useful.

MrDienns

Manager
Developer
Closing this as v0.1.3 introduces fixes (and fallback workarounds) for this bug in several areas. If you still run into this issue, please open a new bug report with the full output of the /phasedebug command.

Status
Not open for further replies.