BIOS Corrupted

Discussion in 'Technical' started by BLitZzMc, May 16, 2018 at 5:35 PM.

1. BLitZzMc

BLitZzMc

Ratings:
    +3
    So,

During a BIOS update yesterday my PC crashed.
    Upon launching I was introduced to the Asus BIOS recovery screen.

Q) What's the likelihood of this getting fixed without having to solder anything

2. MrDienns

MrDienns Owner, Lead Developer & Backend Manager Owner Manager Developer

Ratings:
    +142
    I'm by far no expert when it comes to repairing computer or even hardware in general, but I really don't think solding is gonna be needed at all. It's a software fault, not hardware. Reïnstalling the BIOS should do it, though I've never done that so I don't really have experience on it.

3. BLitZzMc

BLitZzMc

Ratings:
    +3
    I tried a couple things. I called my mate up and got him to bring a CD drive over, which after plugging in stopped the PC from doing anything, as I have the Asus repair CD. But you know, no CD drive no fix.

4. MrDienns

MrDienns Owner, Lead Developer & Backend Manager Owner Manager Developer

Ratings:
    +142
    What can your PC still do? Judging from a few guides online, it seems like you can manually download a BIOS somewhere, put it on anything such as a USB stick, then restart the computer, go into BIOS settings (if this is still possible), then perform a new BIOS update from the disk (the USB).

5. BLitZzMc

BLitZzMc

Ratings:
    +3
    Couldn't get into BIOS. Was thrown into a BIOS Recovery screen straight away. I had a BIOS version on a memory stick that I could flash onto it but it wasn't detecting it.

6. Euvrounin

Euvrounin Content team Content team

Ratings:
    +11
    I think you can revert your BIOS version by pulling a part of your computer and putting it back in (I think is the battery or whatever it is). I don't remember how to do it but, i believe there's a tutorial in the internet.

7. BLitZzMc

BLitZzMc

Ratings:
    +3
    You're talking about the CMOS battery? Removing that wouldn't help because it's the BIOS that's corrupt not the memory the battery keeps saved.

8. Euvrounin

Euvrounin Content team Content team

Ratings:
    +11
    Well... im not sure, im not really a tech guy so i couldn't help you
    I think i read something like that somewhere that it reverts your BIOS to default doing that ..

Anyway, hope you find a solution to your problem soon.