• Guest, please be noted that suggestions may not receive an official reply until the project state allows us consider them. For the majority of suggestions, this means after an alpha launch.

Creative building mode

Would you like this mode?

• Yes

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Perotin

Duke
Hello...

So before you say "what the heck, this is gonna break the game!!" let me explain -

There was this server I played on a long time ago where, as a donor privilege (for eula we'd probably have to make it a default priv), players could go in creative mode to build castles/structures/forts etc for their countries (basically factions), and it resulted in a really cool looking map with walls surrounding their towns, and very picturesque bases instead of your typical faction's base. Obviously, this creative was limited a lot - you couldn't open chests, drop items, place certain blocks and so on, so it didn't break the server. It was only intended for building with blocks like stone, wood and so on. Once you went back to your normal gamemode, you had your regular inventory and none of the things you had in creative.

So why would this be useful?

Dyescape isn't a survival server in the sense of vanilla Minecraft afaik. If you want the priority to be dungeons/bosses/quests, people won't have the time to gather tons of stone and wood to create cool structures for their guilds and bases. It will allow for really cool bases above ground to be constructed, making wars 10x more epic. Granted, there would be a lot of mechanics involved in something like this (how would wars work, land claims, breaking defenses etc) but I just wanted to get the idea out there.

Euvrounin

Content team, Moderator
Content team
So you're basically saying 'Housing'?

Creative mode isn't something new but yeah, the concept stands the same.
Great suggestion.

I have a idea that would make you very happy based on this suggestion, but whenever I bring it up dennis hits me because its out of scope (at least for alpha).
But yeah, as dyescape is still a minecraft server and minecraft happens to be about using blocks to build things this is something I would love to do, given enough time and resources (inb4 another 2 years of delays)

Euvrounin

Content team, Moderator
Content team
I have a idea that would make you very happy based on this suggestion, but whenever I bring it up dennis hits me because its out of scope (at least for alpha).
But yeah, as dyescape is still a minecraft server and minecraft happens to be about using blocks to build things this is something I would love to do, given enough time and resources (inb4 another 2 years of delays)
Because we don't want to delay Alpha further lol.
The same thing happens in Content. We also have this "Do we even need it in Alpha? Hey we are going beyond what we need right now? etc..." We are now only focusing on what we can do in Alpha and leave the rest of the suggestions and ideas in a different document for later use.

I agree that any MC players would like to build in-game since that's really one of the reason why Minecraft exist in the first place.

Perotin

Duke
Because we don't want to delay Alpha further lol.
The same thing happens in Content. We also have this "Do we even need it in Alpha? Hey we are going beyond what we need right now? etc..." We are now only focusing on what we can do in Alpha and leave the rest of the suggestions and ideas in a different document for later use.

I agree that any MC players would like to build in-game since that's really one of the reason why Minecraft exist in the first place.

Yeah, the suggestion was just a general idea I had, I know @MrDienns replied to this idea on discord along the lines of "this isn't factions" (may be wrong but tagging in case) but that is what this suggestion avoids. I don't know if building will be a thing either, so this suggestion may just be irrelevant but its a suggestion nonetheless.

MrDienns

Lead Developer & Technology Manager
Manager
Developer
I don't know if building will be a thing either, so this suggestion may just be irrelevant but its a suggestion nonetheless.

It's Minecraft, a server where absolutely no building or creative freedom of any form is possible isn't a good server. We have plans for this, but as said before in the Discord; we cannot disclose anything about this idea yet.