• Guest, please be noted that suggestions may not receive an official reply until the project state allows us consider them. For the majority of suggestions, this means after an alpha launch.

Suggestion Item Bounty's

bananaaa

Noble
Noble
First of all, this is an idea for later on and maybe not alpha.
Potentially a quest or some other means lets you have access to create an Item Bounty potentially around the same time you get access to the auction house.

An Item Bounty would work as follows:
Player A puts what item they want along with a price there willing to pay on a bounty board or something like it potentially near the auction house
Player B finds this bounty on the bounty board, goes and gets the item and brings it back to a bounty, and gets Player A's Money.

This system would be useful if A, you have a bit of money and don't want to grind for an item for a quest or something, and B, it helps give other people more options for making money.

KabbyDankGod

Wiki Team
Wiki Team
Baron
I don't think this is needed. If certain quest items would be available to be sold people are willing to grind them and put them on the auction house. Certain quests might need you to get 10 gold bars and the only way to get them could be mining and smelting gold, but this would only be accessed if you have the profession(s) needed to get gold bars. So you could then sell gold bars on the auction house for a bit of a markup because people need them for the quest. In wow there are multiple quests like this, that require the player to craft or buy a certain item. Even if the quest is a bit niche it will have at least a few of the items being sold. This also happens in GW2 and most likely in other MMOs.

So if certain quest items are sellable on the auction house, people will grind to make those and make some money out of it.

But the bigger issue is, you are literally making the player not have to play the game. If I find an easy money farm why would I quest when I could spend most of my time grinding gold and then buying all the quest items I need. This also makes it so achieving certain things could get way easier. Imagine a quest that required a long quest chain to get certain items and grind something, but you could just pay someone a large sum of money to complete the quest.

Overall, fairly useless thing. If you want a certain item wait for it to come up on the auction house. You could possibly have something similar to GW2 where you can put a buy request on the auction house. This way players could "instantly" sell certain items for a slightly lower price, but guaranteeing an instant sale. If you don't like the low price someone would be willing to buy the item for, just list it for a higher price and wait for someone to buy it.

bananaaa

Noble
Noble
ok i get that, the idea was more of just a,
"hey that would be neat" and not much else, thanks for the input!

Last edited: