• Guest, please be noted that suggestions may not receive an official reply until the project state allows us consider them. For the majority of suggestions, this means after an alpha launch.

Pre-Alpha Advertisement

Should we advertise Dyescape's alpha release to a certain extent?

• No, keep it lowkey.

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Yes, but only arrange (a) youtuber(s).

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Yes, advertise to gain more players.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Yes, advertise to gain players and arrange youtubers.

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • No opinion

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aekalix

Frontend & Content Manager
Manager
Dear (soon-to-be) Eturians,

As (hopefully) the first release comes close more ideas, problems and questions arise. We all have participated in either alpha or beta release of a game at least once, if not then uhm just read on, and those can get quite rough. Bugs, network issues, balancing issues you name it. Therefore and especially alpha releases are held lowkey. Not a huge amount of players so the reputation of the company or game does not get tarnished too much if any of the testing releases go south.

This raises a question. I am a firm believer that we are setting up a server of excellent quality. So, I am not too afraid of the release. But, I am ambivalent in deciding if I should contact youtubers or massively advertise Dyescape's alpha release. I would love to see the player count soar and see a lively, active and populated Eturia. However, is this the right choice?

That brings up the question that arose. Should we advertise Dyescape's alpha release to a certain extent? Use the poll above and the comments below to voice your opinion!

Poll closes after 3 days, you are not able to change your vote so decide carefully.

MrDienns

Lead Developer & Technology Manager
Manager
Developer
I would personally like to keep it low key in the alpha stage so we don't overload ourselves. The alpha is limited access anyway. From my point of view we should keep it low and use the current alpha testers to really test out the basics and minimum functions we have now. When we developed (almost) all functions, we go into beta. That's the point where I would suggest to test on large scale with thousands of players.

As I said in discord: I'd say keep it low for now, since this is early alpha, only small part of the game, with (possibly) a lot of bugs. Not what you normally want to advertise and make streamers show.

Perotin

Duke
Agreed. Wait till the full release to go full-throttle on advertisements. I think there will be enough testers judging by the side of the discord server.

Euvrounin

Content team, Moderator
Content team
Well .. to be honest it really depends on the goal of Alpha Phase.

Yes, advertise if you want people to break the game which means more problems, reports and more works to do which will help Dyescape in the future before it even reaches Beta.

More people = more bugs/glitch reports = more suggestions => better server
but it also mean
More people to control = more work = more things to fix => delayed server

also lets say if you are going to spend money for the advertisement then it is the Dyescape Staff/Admins that needed to discuss if its worth it. If the staff can handle the pressure and workload then go for the advertisement but, as the current situation suggests since Alpha is continuously being delayed then, I doubt everyone will be able to handle it and I'm pretty sure that there are lots of things that needed to be done too.

If No to advertisement, then Dyescape is losing the opportunities stated above. However, it also means that Dyescape Alpha Phase will be bounded to Limited people which might not be able to dig deeper to what Dyescape needed most for its growth.

Quality vs Quantity
Popularity vs Content

Its the staffs choice. I'm just giving ya'll something to think about
Take note that it might not be good to call for huge Youtubers for advertisement in a server does not have its complete features or best features. Its like asking a sated man to drink your half filled cup