• Guest, please be noted that suggestions may not receive an official reply until the project state allows us consider them. For the majority of suggestions, this means after an alpha launch.

Randomized Dungeon/Zone

KabbyDankGod

Wiki Team
Wiki Team
Baron
*Not an alpha suggestion*

Sorry in advance for bad formatting, don't have access to a computer currently.
I've been thinking about this idea for a few days. I think having a dungeon or a place where you could zone into a completely randomized dungeon could provide for different experiences even if youd have to do it multiple times. Essentially the dungeon would be formed from "puzzle pieces". Each part clicks together perfectly making for a nearly random experience each time you run the dungeon. It could be made scaling so the dungeon is relevant for each level of player, though that could make it too farmable. For rewards you could possibly have it be so you can do two runs with rewards and then the rest don't give rewards.

MrDienns

Lead Developer & Technology Manager
Manager
Developer
*Not an alpha suggestion*

Sorry in advance for bad formatting, don't have access to a computer currently.
I've been thinking about this idea for a few days. I think having a dungeon or a place where you could zone into a completely randomized dungeon could provide for different experiences even if youd have to do it multiple times. Essentially the dungeon would be formed from "puzzle pieces". Each part clicks together perfectly making for a nearly random experience each time you run the dungeon. It could be made scaling so the dungeon is relevant for each level of player, though that could make it too farmable. For rewards you could possibly have it be so you can do two runs with rewards and then the rest don't give rewards.

Been thinking of similar ideas. Block phasing does make all of this possible. You could even use the perfect teleportation thing they brought back into the game to create an illusion effect. Y'know, those games where you to choose left or right infinitely only to find out you need to go backwards. I was thinking of some labyrinth where the tunnels are randomized and can even change during the run.

So yeah, those kind of mechanics would be lovely to have assuming that it doesn't make the dungeon too difficult. As in, it should be a puzzle of some sort ideally, not a trail-and-error thing where you just try again and again without a clue.

KabbyDankGod

Wiki Team
Wiki Team
Baron
Been thinking of similar ideas. Block phasing does make all of this possible. You could even use the perfect teleportation thing they brought back into the game to create an illusion effect. Y'know, those games where you to choose left or right infinitely only to find out you need to go backwards. I was thinking of some labyrinth where the tunnels are randomized and can even change during the run.

So yeah, those kind of mechanics would be lovely to have assuming that it doesn't make the dungeon too difficult. As in, it should be a puzzle of some sort ideally, not a trail-and-error thing where you just try again and again without a clue.

I do like this idea, having a labyrinth of sorts could be a fun idea. Could do with the "shifting sands" theme with that also. You could maybe have a difficulty setting where you get less or more clues to the end and maybe have harder clues and enemies also.

This also reminds me off a board game called moving maze, one of my favourites.