Fixed Repeating quest - Trash Talk

In-game name:
SummerWolfy

Short description:
I returned to Leila's Fish Shop to get stuff for another quest, and found my character and a clone of Leila standing inside. Turns out that if you try to speed run taking out the trash, the objectives bug out, and don't get "completed" even after doing all the correct steps.

Long description:

I had already completed the Trash Talk quest a long time ago, but had sped ran through it because waiting around takes too long. I was able to go through it properly and even finished the quest, so I continued never thinking back.

Now I returned to Leila's Fish Shop to purchase some Cooked Cod for the Hungry Jacks quest and found myself and a clone of Leila inside the shop. I checked my quest log to see if everything was in order and saw under my "Completed Quests" that one of the objectives for the Trash Talk quest ("Take out the trash") was not completed. So I went out to throw out the garbage I supposedly had, despite it not being in my inventory, and the objective was completed and the quest continued to follow through as if going through it for the first time on the character. I was able to watch the cutscene again, and chase down the robber.

Date and time:
August 16, 2021 6:40 pm EST

Screenshots or videos (if any):
2021-08-16_18.36.36.png

2021-08-16_18.46.28.png

2021-08-16_18.50.28.png

Other useful information:
I wish I took more screenshots of what I found while going through it, but it didn't really cross my mind. *sigh*

Update:
(7:00 pm EST)

I decided to see what happens if I finish the quest again, and it follows through as normal, without giving duplicated rewards. I am even able to continue through and repeat the objectives of WAB II after speaking to Leila.

2021-08-16_19.07.01.png

(7:10 pm EST)

I am now repeating the Passenger Hunt quest

(7:15 pm EST)

Now repeating WAB III and Explore Clemens quests.

I received rewards for completing Explore Clemens again only after finding one objective, and leveled up <3

2021-08-16_19.17.23.png

(7:20 pm EST)

After walking in and out of the blacksmith to clear off the quest pins of "Explore Clemens", I received the dialogue you are supposed to get after getting Gerald his ores even though I haven't even spoken to Nolan about going in and talking to him.

2021-08-16_19.20.15.png

(7:30: pm EST)

I am no longer able to continue repeating the quests as the iron ores you are supposed to grab for Gerald are not there.

2021-08-16_19.29.59.png

(7:35 pm EST)

I now have 2 unfinished objectives in the WAB III quest, and it appears in both the normal quest list and in my completed quests.

2021-08-16_19.34.09.png
2021-08-16_19.34.22.png

Last edited:

Aekalix

Frontend & Content Manager
Manager
This has likely been fixed with the recent rule persistency tweaks. If it occurs again, please let us know.