Server Poll

Discussion in 'Development' started by Aetheism, Oct 23, 2018.

Would you play on a PvP enabled server or a PvP disabled server?

1. PvP enabled

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Both/Unimportant

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. PvP disabled

9 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. Aetheism

Aetheism

Ratings:
    +2
    Just wondering what people want

2. TheJayZ

TheJayZ Duke

Ratings:
    +29
    If this was a pvp enabled server, they would have to revise a lot of things and thus the server will take longer in order to release Alpha, Beta, etc. And I very much disagree with this turning into pvp as the community can get very toxic at times and out of hand. While on top of this- players become bored and the lack of content or things into the pvp will also be noticeable very quickly. It will also be very hard for new players to get out without being destroyed by some max level mage

3. MrDienns

MrDienns Owner, Lead Developer & Backend Manager Owner Manager Developer

Ratings:
    +177
    Just split it up into 2 sets of servers like practically every other normal MMORPG; PVE and PVP servers which people can choose from. I probably don't have to explain how the PVE server works. PVP would work by having cities & other settlements be safe zones. The rest of the world is considered wilderness and is where PVP would be enabled. A simple problem asks for a simple solution, right? People can play whatever they like, though if you ask me, it's safe to say most will prefer the PVE. But for those who like the chance of being attacked at any time (if it makes the game more interesting for you), then PVP willl be your option. You please both groups of people and you solve having the risk of what @TheJayZ mentioned that it turns into a toxic, competitive community, which is not what an MMORPG should be.

4. Aetheism

Aetheism

Ratings:
    +2
    There are a multitude of systems that could be put in place to let everyone coexist in a single environment, but I think any specifics on either side of the argument should be given until there is actual playtesting, as everything you mentioned has been speculation

5. Sam

Sam Baron

Ratings:
    +22
    I would prefer PvP to not be a thing at the start. However I wouldn't mind a PvP world where there are safezones like Dienns said and if you exit the Safezones, towns for example, people can kill you and take your items/gold.
    However, making it so you have to enter dangerous player vs player areas just for more rewarding content is dumb and you will lose players cause of it. Not everyone likes PvP, however if it was separate from the original servers. Then I would have no problem voting yes for it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. samcrep

samcrep

Ratings:
    +1
    PvP definetely would harm the community at first because that would cause some issues between players, thus leading to a toxic environment.

7. Praya

Praya

Ratings:
    +0
    or you can add area where pvp is enabled, and when a player kill someone he/she will become red player.
    and if red player is killed by someone who has guardian mode, they will be jailed

8. samcrep

samcrep

Ratings:
    +1
    SAO style you mean?

9. Praya

Praya

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah like that, there are many rpg game with that system