Team expansion, donator features and a sweet giveaway

Question #5: "What feature of any other game do you like the least?"

Pay to win is one of the features I dislike the most. I feel like all content should be accessible to players if it could be used to further your character and only micro transaction skins and effects.

Thank you for the rank.

Aekalix

Frontend & Content Manager
Manager

Pay to win is one of the features I dislike the most. I feel like all content should be accessible to players if it could be used to further your character and only micro transaction skins and effects.

Thank you for the rank.
Please DM me your discord username. No problem! :)

Crown7

Duke
Duke
Q5: Energy Timers or some kind of waiting mechanic that free games implements to deny you from playing.

Escad_

Wiki Team
Duke

Hard to say. I don't know if you'd call it a "feature," from the latest game I've been playing, probably its poorly-scaled combat. The latest game I've been playing has higher difficulty stages, but the amount you can increase your armor and health is quite limited. As a result, you're put to dodge against attacks constantly, some of them covering especially ridiculous ranges.

It really depends on the genre, but in RPG's, I have a really hard time focusing in combat if it's in third person, which most are, since the center of your screen is focused on the back of your character the whole time, just seems like a waste when there's an entire world and setting you're exploring, yet your backside is taking up screen estate. Shouldn't be a problem in minecraft or dyescape though, lol

Undvik

Noble
Noble

basically pay2win. Anything that gives donors a significant advantage over non-donors and makes the game unbalanced

Dear community,

I'll barge right in with this post does not contain a release date. As said on the Discord earlier. Sorry! But there's some other sweet news!

There's been a team expansion! Normally we do not announce this formally but this time around it is a developer! Welcome Yannick! We are glad to have you on board!

Recently, we have also released a list of donator features and revamped our shop! If you have any suggestions to rank features please let us know by making a suggestion thread. But then there's on greater thing.

Moreover, we reached 1000 members in our Discord! And because of that, we will be hosting a giveaway. We will be giving out:
- 3x Noble.
- 2x Baron.
- 1x Viscount.
- 1x Duke.
Did you forget what all these ranks do? Visit the shop!

8f44605bf52f1d147f30ebb51d2dfeae1063f3eb.png
84ee5a5b7aca579494cee718c803a1782f799ac3.png
399e4dac8cd4320bd860d29d9b237446bc290889.png
5f837dee6ee9f47238b4596933bf5ee25ac5bf40.png

Every 3 days there will be one rank given away. You can enter this giveaway by answering a question. These will be revealed one after one. The requirements of this giveaway are simple.
* Answer the question.
* Be in our Discord.​
To participate in all 7 rank giveaways you have to answer all 7 questions. This must be done by replying to this thread. If you win a rank equal or low to your current rank you can give it to someone else or liquidate it into giving yourself a higher rank. (Noble + Noble = Baron). Hopefully, everything is clear. Let us get started!

Question 1: "What do you hope to get out of Dyescape"?
Rank reward: Noble.
End date: 23:59 (UTC) 23rd of August.
Winner: @regice202

Question #2: "What are you most excited for out of all of Dyescape?"
Reward: Noble
Deadline: 23:59 (UTC) 27th of August.
Winner: @KabbyDankGod

Question #3: "What class are you planning on playing? (Knight, Warrior, Mage, Priest)"
Reward: Noble
Deadline: 30th of August (23:59 UTC) 2020
Winner: @GhostOfRelevancy

Question #4: "What feature of any other game do you like the most?"
Reward: Baron
Deadline: 3rd of September (23:59 UTC) 2020
Winner: @DeathSparrow24

Reward: Baron
Deadline: 7th of September (23:59 UTC) 2020

Do not forget to follow our other social media!
Twitter: @DyescapeMC
Instagram: @DyescapeMC
Trove's collection and mastery system, there is so much to collect and it is cool that you get rewarded for collecting stuff and you cannot lose your mounts.

Question #5: "What feature of any other game do you like the least?",

In my opinion it is pretty much the way they put world barrier. For example, in wynncraft theres mountains and obviously a lot of people including me would like to just be able to climb them for some reason.

Aekalix

Frontend & Content Manager
Manager
The deadline for the fifth question has passed and all answers (but one, please read the question carefully!) have been approved.

Let's draft!

XpZ4LLy.gif

Congratulations @StaffHunter!

Now, for the first Viscount rank.
Question #6: "What rank perk would you love to see?"
Reward: Viscount
Deadline: 10th of September (23:59 UTC) 2020

Please file a new reply so it's easy to check with the deadline!

StaffHunter

Viscount
Viscount
Q6: I think that trails could be cool. Obviously dont want any pay to win stuff. Cosmetics like pets could be nice.

KabbyDankGod

Wiki Team
Wiki Team
Baron
Q6: A few things come to mind. A forum, discord channel and/or in-game channel for donors only, custom level up particles, maybe early access to public beta testing (3-7 days earlier, maybe based on rank), extra particles like trails or wings, exclusive mounts if possible (only cosmetically). If I have more I'll edit them into this post.

Edit:
A few more that came up, especially from reading other peoples suggestions:

Cosmetic pets, armor, weapons etc. , a title to your rank (Nobleman / Noblewoman, Baron / Baroness, Viscount / Viscountess and Duke / Duchess), Exclusive housing going up in prestige and size depending on rank, and as @Kikinjoy said a npc in-game or I would suggest cameos, be it NPC, Item, Quest etc. for early backers (pre-alpha or pre-beta depending on amount of donors)

Last edited:
Question #6: "What rank perk would you love to see?": I would love to see custom cosmetics that completely change your look, to you know. Look cool and assert dominance, all jokes aside though. 1 feature I would love to see is different ways that you can play the game, much like Wynncraft, you have a challenge where you can only use crafted items. It would be a cool thing to see here to, however, I don't know how well it would fit in the game.

For me, a command or a way to change the armor style/outift example from a old rusty leather to some plated leather wich is only cosmetic obviously

Well, cosmetics? I would like to see nothing but that.
Hats, pet skins, item skins, different name colors and chat tags, a VIP house where they chill, relax and flex on others.
Priority to join the server... That's pretty much what comes to mind.

A cool one would be /nick (to change your name) or a way to change the color of your IGN :)

Perotin

Duke

I would love to see exclusive pets, I'd probably buy them anyways, but if a few came with our ranks, that'd be cool ;)

Specific pets/cosmetics denoting status would be pretty cool! Or maybe there could be a town dedicated to the npcs of those that have purchased the higher ranks? Ex. Elderman, king, nobles, and the like.

Customization options / player config - Such as changing the colors of specific letters in your username (changing names with /nick is just unnecessary and sort of annoying imo) or customizing what notifications, messages, or features you see or dont see such as lines on scoreboards, friend join notifications, etc.